An inspiring yogi, living yoga on and off the mat. Vivian’s yoga journey started March 4th, our grand opening day. Vivian has blossomed, making new friends and glued to her mat, holding the highest student’s attendance. Each week Vivian practices at least three times a week in the studio and/or at home.
Yogi Questions & Answers
YIY: What inspired you to start Yoga?
Vivian: I started because I was turning into a homebody. I needed something to get me out the house and around other people.
YIY: What motivates you to continue practicing.
Vivian: I am such a newbie to yoga but mastering The Crow is a major motivator.
YIY: Since starting in March, what benefits, if any, have you experienced from your practice?
Vivian: While I’m truly a beginner, a lot of benefits are surfacing in my day-to-day life.
1. I’ve become more aware of my surroundings.
2. I find myself doing my yogi breaths during random activities
3. I feel stronger… it may be a mind thing but I feel it
4. I’m more relaxed afterwards
YIY: We are honored you’ve entrusted in us to lead your practice. We want you to keep coming back. Please be honest. Memphis, has its great deal of studios. Why us?
Vivian: 1. I live, work and play downtown so with that being said I love that it’s so close to my apartment. I’ll either walk or bike to my classes.
2. All the instructors are knowledgeable about Yoga and are able to accommodate all levels without taking away from the other students and their practice.
3. Affordable pricing! That’s what keeps me coming back.
4. Everyone (instructors and students included) is a pleasure to be around.
YIY: Affirmations and quotes can play a significant role in one’s yoga practice. What is your favorite, quote or mantra?
Vivian: My favorite would have to be the closing line “the divine light in me sees and honors the divine light in you.”
I really want to put that on a shirt 🙂
YIY: We are definitely putting it on a shirt!